New Year, New Plan
And… we’re back! Hello Elevate Devon followers. It’s been a minute since you’ve heard from us and that’s because this Fall was spent drafting the Elevate Devon Corridor Plan, which is almost complete! As we head into the holidays, here is a quick update on where the plan stands and things to look forward to in the new year.
- Feedback Applied + Draft Recommendations Refined: Community consensus and input shared as part of the Open House and Q+A Event were applied to refine the corridor themes, strategies, placemaking recommendations and design concepts.
- Reality Checks & Balances with CDOT: Meetings were held with the Chicago Department of Transportation (CDOT) to share draft concepts and gain feedback on implementation realities. Corridor design renderings, light pole and gateway identifiers, and the style and locations of crosswalks, intersections, bump outs, and streetscape recommendations were reviewed and discussed. CDOT provided guidance on safety and mobility improvements that would be achievable on Devon given the dimensions of the corridor, limited right-of-way, and roadway classification of Devon and intersecting streets in the Project Area.
- Detailed Framework Plans Developed: With community consensus applied and CDOT oversight complete, a series of Framework Plans were developed that highlight corridor recommendations atop aerial maps. To provide focus, nuance and detail, the 1-mile Project Area was divided into four (4) quarter-mile sections with a Framework Plan for each. The Framework Plans serve as visual guides and overviews of improvements that are further reinforced and expanded upon later in the Plan.
- Steering Committee & Partner Review: The Draft Elevate Devon Corridor Plan was assembled and shared with the Project Steering Committee, Edgewater Chamber of Commerce, Loyola University Chicago, and Rogers Park Business Alliance for review and comment.
- New Year, New Plan: Keep an eye on your inbox in the coming weeks! The release of the Elevate Devon Corridor Plan is just around the corner.
Thank you for your involvement and help discovering possibilities and unlocking potential on Devon. We’ve had a blast interacting and learning from the community and are excited for all that is ahead! The Elevate Devon Corridor Plan capitalizes on the momentum built through the planning process and provides an actionable guide to achieve a vibrant vision.
Stay tuned and have a safe and happy holiday, ahead!